“NZUni Talent” means the business operated through the web-based interface at (www.nzunitalent.ac.nz) or any other associated or affiliate web site where Employers can register their details and utilise the software to distribute vacancies or other information to “Universities”.
“University” or “Universities” means one or more universities that are part of the NZUni Talent consortium group.
“Career Centre means the software called “Career Centre” as used within a University that provides, but is not limited to, a University staff administration interface and a Jobseeker interface.
“Jobseeker” or “Jobseekers” means a student, graduate or other individual or group that access information provided through each University’s system.
“Employer” or “Employers” means one or more organisations or individuals that enter “Vacancies” or other information into NZUni Talent for access by Jobseekers or University staff.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Employers using NZUni Talent agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
The Employer understands and agrees that:
- NZUni Talent acts as a “distributor” of information provided by Employers to University Career Centre systems. Fees paid to NZUni Talent are for the distribution and advertising of information provided by Employers.
- Employers agree that NZUni Talent may obtain credit reports about the Employer and/or its directors for the purposes of assessing any credit applications or for the purpose of collection of overdue payments of Employer for services or products provided by NZUni Talent.
- NZUni Talent reserves the right to lock Employers accounts without notice and refuse to supply further services while Employers have overdue payments owing to NZUni Talent.
- Using NZUni Talent to publish information does not guarantee acceptance by any Universities for publication within their own system. Universities will make their own decisions on suitability of information published through their Career Centre. The Employer understands that NZUni Talent has no right or capacity to enforce publication within any University Career Centre. If you comply with this agreement and ensure you are writing your vacancy advertisements according to our guidelines your information would generally be accepted.
- NZUni Talent makes every effort to avoid errors in advertisements it has agreed to post to the site. However, NZUni Talent accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors and requires that Employers check their advertisements for errors before publication. All reasonable efforts will be undertaken NZUni Talent to edit errors brought to its attention as soon as reasonably possible.”
- Employers will ensure that information published through NZUni Talent is accurate and is not misleading, particularly with regard to availability of employment, the nature of employment, remuneration or any other matter relating to employment opportunities advertised.
- Employers may only advertise one type of job or role per vacancy listing. If more than one type of job or role is advertised, the vacancy listing may not be approved until the Employer has re-published the jobs or roles separately.
- When publishing information through NZUni Talent Employer must comply with the Human Rights Act 1993 and Employment Relations Act 2000. See www.hrc.co.nz and http://employment.govt.nz for more information.
- NZUni Talent reserves the right to refuse access to NZUni Talent and to withdraw any items published through NZUni Talent by an Employer if the Employer publishes anything that is in breach of any law or regulation, is considered offensive or unethical by NZUni Talent or any University, or is considered to be an inappropriate use of NZUni Talent or Career Centre.
- Employers will aim to ensure accurate categorisations for any information entered into NZUni Talent where category selections are required. NZUni Talent reserves the right to re-categorise items where, in our opinion, categories seem to be incorrectly applied by the Employer.
- Employer will not publish any information through the NZUni Talent “publish vacancy” process that is not a legitimate employment opportunity. This includes but is not limited to pyramid schemes, barter schemes, or any item where the Jobseeker is required to pay any fee or money to the Employer.
- Neither NZUni Talent nor any University using their Career Centre acts to shortlist or make recommendations regarding applicants for employment offered by Employer. Employer takes full responsibility for any decision by Employer to offer employment or any other opportunity to any Jobseeker and will make no claim against NZUni Talent or any University for any losses or damages as a result of engaging any Jobseeker through NZUni Talent’s services.
- Any elements of text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photos, designs or other artwork published through NZUni Talent are owned by Employer, or Employer has permission from the rightful owner to use items provided.
- NZUni Talent provides no guarantee that NZUni Talent or University Career Centre sites will be error free or uninterrupted NZUni Talent will make all reasonable efforts to ensure maximum availability of all services provided.
- NZUni Talent will make all reasonable efforts to ensure items published by Employer are distributed to Universities within 24 hours on any working day (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). Publication may not be possible due to technical or other reasons and NZUni Talent is not liable for any loss incurred by Employer as a result in failure by NZUni Talent to publish information provided. Financial reimbursement or compensation to Employer will be limited to the amount paid to NZUni Talent by employer.
- NZUni Talent has no control of when Universities make published information available to students via their University Career Centre.
- While all reasonable efforts are made, NZUni Talent does not guarantee that any files downloaded or delivered through email from NZUni Talent will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software. Employer agrees they have implemented processes, software or devices to ensure protection of their own internal systems, and that they take full responsibility for any losses or damages as a result of their own negligence in this regard.
- Employer will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any files provided or uploaded to NZUni Talent will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software.
- Any University may contact Employer with regard to information published through NZUni Talent where they require further clarification or for any career or employment related topic.
- By registering on NZUni Talent and publishing information to individual University Career Centre (or group of), any details provided by Employer will be distributed directly to the Career Centre system at that University.
- Employer will indemnify NZUni Talent, its officers, employees, contractors or agents against any legal action, claims or expenses incurred by NZUni Talent as a result of:
- any negligent act or omission by Employer
- any breach of this agreement by Employer
- publication of false, misleading or unethical information by Employer through NZUni Talent or any information breaching any regulations, legislation or codes of conduct.
- If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid, then that part of the agreement shall be severed leaving the remainder of the agreement intact and enforceable.
- This agreement and all issues related to NZUni Talent will be governed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.